Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why Japanese Design?

My love for all things Japanese is something that defines almost all my life. My career as graphic designer started with very old book about Japanese art and strong desire to be able to create such magnificent, simple yet elegant designs. To be able to enclose wind into fev strokes of ink, to capture spirit of spring in sketch of cherry flower...
But... my tool is not a brush, it's not wood or ink - I work as vector artist and illustrator and as such I had to find my own unique way to mix tradition and modern tools and software to create my very own unique style. Had I succeed? I hope so.


 Katsushika Hokusai - Mount Fuji seen throught cherry blossom

Above - original art featuring Fuji mountaji and cherry trees by Katsushika Hokusai. This amazing ukio-e inspired me to create my very own Fuji drawing (below). And that's how my journey started.


Fuji and Sakura by SeriDesign 

No comments:

Post a Comment